Saturday, July 5, 2008

Temuco

I arrived at the bus station on Thursday night around 11pm. I went to platform 8 to find a huge double decker bus; the same bus I would be sitting on the second floor of for 9 or so hours. For $40 round trip I was able to travel 9 hours south....I really wish this luxury bus thing would catch on in the US. The bus pulled into Temuco around 7:30 after which I met up with Eric Blair and one of his Chilean friends. We headed back to the house Eric is staying at, a house of one of the English teachers at Colegio Bautista, and had breakfast. Next we headed to the Universidad Catolica to see Carolina. At 11am we headed to Colegio Bautista for an "acto" in honor of the 4th of July. In all honesty we didn't stay for the whole thing, but it was interesting, and to be honest comical, to watch a few Chilean students get on stage and sing Six Pence Non The Richer's "Kiss Me" (a British song on the 4th....). Afterwards we headed downtown to explore a little, but it was raining so we didn't get to see much. I checked into my hostel and we went out with Carolina and a friend of hers; which was a lot of fun. I slept in today (Saturday) and I'm currently waiting for Eric to meet up with me at my hostel. Who knows what we'll do as it's been raining all morning long with no signs of stopping. Hopefully the weather forecast it right and it won't rain tomorrow, then we can go to Pucon.

2 comments:

Earl Grey said...

Hi Jason - Your recent travels sound amazing. I am very pleased that you were able to visit Pablo Neruda's house....and see random sculpture. Sometimes random sculpture is the best, isn't it?

Tell Eric Blair I said hello --and I hope you both enjoy yourselves very much!

Dr Decker

Eripson said...

Dr. Decker, I´m right here! HELLO BACK TO YOU! =)

The weather didn´t get any better nor did the amount of people available to hang out. LAME! But I hope that valiera la pena.