Thursday, June 26, 2008

Being chilly in Chile

So while I love Chile I do miss one thing - heat. The concept of central heating hasn't caught on here. As a result, the houses are cold all of the time. Sure, they have little propane heaters and such but they don't really help much. I sleep with about 5 blankets and in long sleeves and sweatpants - something very very weird for me. On the brigher side of things, the school here is amazing. Right now I have afternoon classes which means I don't have class until 1. At 1 I have one hour of private class during which we talk about anything and everything and he points out my mistakes; something that's been extremely helpful. My "group" class is from 2-6; however, I'm the only one in the class so it's four more hours of conversing, reviewing grammar, writing, etc. Next week I'll have morning classes and I'll be able to see more of the city and participate in more activities - with afternoon classes you sleep in (not to much to do in the morning and most places don't open until 9 or 10), eat breakfast (well more like lunch), go to class and then it's dinner time. I'm not quite sure what I'll be doing this weekend but I'll probably end up going to Vina de Mar, Valparasio and Isla Negra with the school. Next weekend I'll be in Temuco with a trip to Pucon - I bought my bus tickets last night.

No comments: